In former times, this was where the milling company Kampffmeyer produced flour for Germany.¹ Nowadays, it is a workplace for thousands of employees. The nine partially connected buildings between Spree, Alt-Moabit, and Stromstraße were constructed between 1987 and 2000. The former administration building of Kampffmeyer-Mühlen and the winding tower dating back to 1939 were integrated in the complex. Both are listed buildings. The current tenants include various institutions and companies, among them leading technology and media companies,² such as AVM, the developers of FRITZ!box, as well as the International Psychoanalytic University.
In 1985, Hans Karl Herr and the company ITAG commissioned the architects Joachim Ganz and Walter Rolfes to turn the industrial ruins of Kampffmeyer-Mühlen and the porcelain factory Schomberg into a complex of “intelligent” buildings. The buildings are reinforced concrete constructions. The mullion-transom façade features windows that extend down to the floor in some cases; the façade itself is clad with terracotta panels. The complex reflects a consistent focus on modernism. The proximity of the riverbanks and the excellent transport connections further enhance the attractiveness of this location. Port Faraday (Focus Teleport) was acquired as a joint venture with Allianz.